- ARChive of Contemporary Music A not-for-profit archive, music library and research center located in New York City. The ARChive collects, preserves and provides information on the popular music of all cultures and races throughout the world from 1950 to the present.
- The Center for Popular Music Is an archive and research center devoted to the study of American popular music from the pre-revolutionary era to the present.
- Cuba: Democracy and Life (Edited in Sweden)
While its content deals with general Cuban culture, it includes many articles about its music.
- CubaLiteraria Literary portal. It includes poetry articles, stories, music, etc. In addition it provides interesting links related to the arts and means of communications.
- The Cuban Heritage Collection (CHC) preserves and provides access to an extensive collection of books, periodicals, and archival materials on Cuba and the Cuban exile experience.
Cuban Research Institute (CRI) FIU's CRI is the nation’s leading institute for research and academic programs on Cuban and Cuban-American issues.
- Encyclopedic Discography of Victor Recordings an index to master recordings (matrixes) and published discs made by the Victor Talking Machine Company beginning in 1900.
- Latin Essence (Edited in New York) Calendar, interviews of Latin Music in general specially centered in the New York area
- Latin Heritage (Edited in Puerto Rico) Articles and tributes and links with other websites.
Los Que Soñamos Por La Oreja (Dreaming Through Our Ears) Bulletin of Alternative Cuban Music. Compiles news of Cuban music ocurring all over the world; reproduces works from other sites and from newspapers such as El País de España, o el Nuevo Herald ; also interviews, reviews of books and recordings. Maintains complete archives.
- Music Internet Resources for Latin America and the Caribbean Features information on online music resources--classical as well as popular--covering directories, downloads, biographies of musicians, articles, links, etc.
- Musical Afrolatino Site devoted to the promotion of popular and traditional Colombian music, as well as Caribbean. It includes essays such as, history of music, music in the 20th century, plus many musical genres. Also includes news and reviews of activities, etc.
- National Foundation for Popular Culture (Puerto Rico) It contains articles, biographies, calendar, news and booksellers and cds Well written and informed.
- Popular Musics of the Hispanic and Lusophone Worlds Site of biennial conference for scholars working on popular musics of the Hispanic and Lusophone worlds i.e. all Spanish/Portuguese speaking countries/diaspora communities and other musics located in those countries/communities. Sponsored by the Newcastle Institute for the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities, Newcastle University, UK.
- Radio Gladys Palmera (Barcelona, España) Contains a section on news, an events agenda covering music happenings in Spain, including Latin Music. Many links, mainly record companies.
- Revista Temas
Online magazine on all aspects of Cuban culture, sometimes includes articles on music, written by experts inside and outside Cuba, like professors Alan West and Raul Fernandez.
- Rumbantana Site of a famous salsoteca in Medellín, Colombia where salsa and other modern caribbean dances are taken very seriously. The site includes valuable links devoted to salsa, timba, etc. Articles written by the site's owner, Sergio Santana, and other invited guests are included regularly.
This site specializes in timba. A commercial site, it is possible to listen to music, to purchase recordings, etc. Bilingual.
- Timeline of Celia Cruz's Discography FIU Green Library is pleased to present this tribute to Celia Cruz in celebration of her life featuring album covers in a timeline of her recording career. Celia Cruz, who died on July 16, 2003, had been long considered a living legend in Cuban music, a singer with a varied and prolific output.
Dr. Cristobal Diaz-Ayala, donor of the collection and curator of the exhibit, gathered over 100 album covers and wrote all biographical details for the exhibit.
- Trova web portal Similar to Los Que Soñamos Por La Oreja site, but circumscribed to New Latin American Trova in general, including Cuba.
- ¡Vamos a Guarachar! Blog sharing rarites from the world of rumba.
Copyright Guidelines for fair use of copyrighted materials for teaching, learning, and research.
- Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the US scroll to "Sound Recordings" (Cornell Copyright Information Center, updated 01/10/2008).